- … join with sb. in ….
- one score years = 20 years
- 1. intended to make someone feel mortified or humiliated.“a withering look”
- 2. (of heat) intense; scorching.“protective cover to escape withering heat”
- came as a great beacon light of hope to ….
- came as a joyous daybreak to ….
- (of a person or other living thing) lose or lack vitality; grow weak or feeble.
“plants may appear to be languishing simply because they are dormant”
fail to make progress or be successful.
“foreign stocks are still languishing”
- 2. suffer from being forced to remain in an unpleasant place or situation.
“he has been languishing in jail since 1974″