1. Relate the atomic mass of an element to isotopic masses and abundances
2. Use Avogadro's number to calculate the mass of an atom or molecule
3. use molar mass to relate
- moles to mass of a substance
- molecular formula to simplest formula
4. Use the formula of a compound to find percent composition or its equivalent.
5. Find the simplest formula of a compound from chemical analysis
6. Balance chemical equations by inspection
7. Use a balanced equation to
- relate masses of reactants and products
- find the limiting reactant, theoretical yield, and percent yield.