existentialism: freedom and fining meaning in a meaningless world
01. Be a harmonious totality
- Apollonian side: rational, conscious, responsible
- Dionysian side: instinctual, subconscious, emotional
Apollo vs Dionysus == yang & ying
- organized, responsible, logic
- artistic, creative, emotional
To really shine you have to embrace your inner chaos, learn to explore it, listen to your feelings and intuition.
02. Avoid having a reactive life
Most people distract their thoughts; to cease to be aware of life. We are too passive, too reactive. We do not act as ourselves, we are not honest enough, we are not noble enough.
Be more reflective about your goals and fight the obstacles.
03. Avoid holding resentment towards others
- Strong enough to forget and recuperate sooner
- Avoid arguing for your limitations and keep going towards your goals.
04. Don’t blindly follow the Masters
Finding his own path, his own philosophy, his own style of writing is crucially important.
05. Find your Why
Your life purpose can not be found unless you find yourself first. After your find the purpose of your life, you can tolerate any hardship the life throws at you.
- Have I always be true?
- Have I really cultivated my talents?
- goals, milestones, north star
06. Suffering can make you stronger
- What does not destroy me makes me stronger.
- phoenix: live fly die repeat。 immortal (rebirth from ashes); tears can cure wound. Fly in flames like the sun. king of birds and make wind in Chinese
- process values more than the outcomes; transformative
- vulnerabilities and illusions
07. Avoid being just “busy”
08. Live dangerously
09. Become a Superhuman
10. Happiness is the way you approach your goals
How to own yourself
01. Dare to stand alone
02. Follow your wildest dreams
03. Follow your goals, not a system
04. Embrace your demons
05. Give style to your character