Fixate: exceeding pay attention to.
- I’m always fixated on my grammar mistakes when I speak English.
- Friends – Joey You never knew she was lesbian?
- Ross: No! Okay? Why does everyone keeps fixating on that?
torn between two choices.
- I’m really torn between these two choices right now. I don’t know which one to pick.
- Well, maybe you need a pros and cons list.
I’m caught between a rock and a hard place. 左右为难，进退两难，里外不是人
It’s a lose-lose situation. It is an impossible situation.
When Ross was asked by his ex-wife Emily not to see Rachel anymore, he’s stuck in a rock and a hard place because it’s a lose lose situation. If he stops seeing Rachel, part of his life would be missing; If he says no to Emily, he would be divorced again.
She is very indecisive and can never make up her mind. Someone is such a Gemini (双子座）。